My research interest spans plant species and vegetation science, plant-herbivore interactions, people, nature and livelihoods, and sustainable agro-ecological practices in West Africa. I use a combination field work, common garden experiment, on-farm participatory research, and data synthesis to provide insights into contemporary sustainable development issues in West Africa.
- To understand how West African vegetation and plant species are responding to climate change and associated changes in disturbance factors.
- To improve understanding of stakeholder’s knowledge and perceptions of natural resource use and conservation across West Africa.
- To investigate and promote innovative agro-ecological practices and technologies that enhances productivity, biodiversity conservation and maintenance of ecosystem services in agricultural lands.
- Climate change-land use change impacts on tropical biomes
- Vegetation dynamics across the forest – savanna transition of West Africa
- Roles of plant – herbivore interactions on vegetation dynamics in West Africa
- Conservation of nature, ecosystem services and biodiversity in agricultural lands